Rescheduled: EWI Webinar on Welding Aluminum in Automotive Applications is Now May 4
Originally scheduled for April 4, EWI’s free webinar on Welding Aluminum in Automotive Applications has been rescheduled for May 4, 2017, from 1:00-2:00pm EDT. This online seminar will be presented by Dave Workman from the EWI Resistance and Solid-State Processes group.
Automotive manufacturers are increasingly interested in the use of aluminum as lightweight material to meet today’s CAFE standards. The welding of aluminum components, however, requires understanding of the unique properties of this metal as compared to steel. This webinar will discuss differences in the two materials and ways to meet the welding challenges. This presentation will include:
• Background on spot welding aluminum in the automotive industry
• Differences in spot welding aluminum and steel
• Technology as evolved from the aerospace industry
• Electrode life issues
• Influence of electrode design and topography
• Effects of evolving equipment
• Spot welding aluminum using third body elements
• Spot welding aluminum to steel
For more information or questions about registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The post Rescheduled: EWI Webinar on Welding Aluminum in Automotive Applications is Now May 4 appeared first on EWI.
Powered by WPeMatico