Sheet Metal Welding Conference XIX: Call for Papers
The AWS Detroit Section has issued a call for papers for its upcoming Sheet Metal Welding Conference XIX. The conference will emphasize recent developments in welding and joining solutions that enable new generations’ vehicle design and construction. You are invited to submit technical papers for presentation at this conference. Abstracts are due by March 28. 2020.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Fusion Welding and Brazing (Resistance, Arc, Laser and others)
- Solid-State Joining
- Mechanical Fastening
- Adhesive Bonding
- Hybrid Joining Methods
- Weld Inspection and Repair
- Welding and Joining Process Simulation
- Vehicle Performance Simulation and Assessment
- Joining Challenges for Electric Vehicles
- Joining of Advanced Steels
- Joining of Lightweight Materials
- Joining of Dissimilar Materials
- Materials and Weldability
- Non-sheet-metal Automotive Joining
- Joining Tooling & Equipment
- Welding Process Monitoring & Control
- Joining of Copper and its Alloys
- Joining for Electric Powertrains
The Sheet Metal Welding Conference (SMWC), sponsored by AWS Detroit in partnership with EWI, will take place October 21-22, 2020. This technical conference is dedicated to bringing experts together to discuss state-of-the-art welding and joining technologies for the automotive, transportation, and light manufacturing industries. SMWC also provides important opportunities for engineers and researchers from manufacturers, suppliers, universities, and research institutes to network and meet experts in the field of welding. For more information, click here.
The post Sheet Metal Welding Conference XIX: Call for Papers appeared first on EWI.
Powered by WPeMatico